Hello my makeup beauties! Here is another makeup of the day! This time…it is a smoke show! I love smokey eye makeup, and I was feeling a little edgy today! :0 I decided to go with a more subtle smokey eyes, that updated my makeup look a bit. I feel like no one ever rocks the smokey eye anymore, and it has gotten’ a bit old. Funny thing is, whenever I wear a smokey eye I always get the most comments on my makeup.
You can create this look with four colored shadows. I do not believe it is important to include exactly what products I used, because you can re-create this look with any makeup palettes you have lying around! If you really want to know, I used mostly Wet n’ Wild and Elf eyeshadows. You need one skin toned or white eyeshadow for highlighting your brow bone and inner corner. You need a base medium toned brown. BROWN YOU SAY? Yes! Using a light brown to define your crease, not too intensely though, will mix beautifully with the light cray you apply to the top of your eyelid. Using a bit of soft brown warms up your eye look, and takes away some of the harsh intensity brought with a smokey eye. After applying a shimmery gray all over the to of your lid, follow with a black just to the corner of your eye. You can take this darkest shadow and bring it up and a cat eye shape just as I have done in the picture above.
The key to a successful smokey eye is blending! Grab a fluffy brush and go to town my friends! Using the soft brush, clean up the look using windshield whipper motions and blend out your highlight, crease brown, black outer corner, and gray lid. When there are no more harsh lines left, create a small cat eye with liquid black eyeliner, I used my Revlon one. Then I finished the look by curling my lashes and applying two generous coats of black mascara. If you want to further intensify this look if you are going out somewhere special you can do up your eyebrows, and ass some pink gloss on your lips as I have done! As well tighten your top eyelids with a black coal eyeliner and the bottom outer rim of your eyes.
On my skin I am wearing some Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation and my Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder.
Seal the whole look in with a facial setting spray and you are good to go for the night! Hope you guys enjoyed my smokey eye, and please like if you want to see more makeup of the day posts! 🙂 Please follow me for more good stuff and leave me some comments with any future post suggestions or makeup looks I could try out and post about! 🙂
Thanks for reading and the support! Love Pearlsnheels ❤
P.S I am thinking of creating a post on how to apply makeup to pale skin, since it has taken’ me a while to get used to mine! lol Let me know if this sounds interesting to you?! 🙂
- Makeup for Beginners (aprettythought.org)
- Makeup of the day! Bold Eyebrows, Eyeliner, & Glossy Lips….HOW TO. (pearlsnheels.wordpress.com)
- Back to School: Everyday Makeup (theunicahija.wordpress.com)
- Makeup Tips for Beginners (beauty.answers.com)
- Creating A Well Balanced and Pleasant Makeup Look (blogdaintycloset.wordpress.com)
- Makeup Monday: Lipstick (aprettythought.org)
- Is the inside as pretty as the outside? (honnasus.wordpress.com)
- BecomeGorgeous.com Debuts Makeup Video Tutorials with 3 Easy to Follow Summer Makeup Ideas: Brown Eyes Makeup, Party Makeup and Wearable Bright Summer Makeup (prweb.com)
- Eye of Horus Maat Dark Temptress Palette Review + Tutorial (Cruelty Free Makeup Tutorial) (abeautifullifewithveruska.wordpress.com)